Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are
thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story
to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact
you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our
table for you...
Maintains and performs daily maintenance and preventative
Maintenance on buildings and equipment to include cranes,
conveyors, poser industrial vehicles (PIV) and building facilities.
Ensures that all equipment is in working order for maximum
- Maintain and perform daily maintenance and preventive
maintenance on cranes, conveyers, power industrial vehicles and
- Maintain battery room and chargers to include charging and
changing batteries for material handling equipment.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation, perform diagnostic
routines and listens to their sounds to locate causes of
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
using hoists, hand and power tools.
- Maintain equipment rooms in a neat and orderly
- Follow through and completes all work orders.
- Maintain appropriate levels of material handling equipment
- Tracks and completes all preventative maintenance utilizing
Maximo database software application.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and other federal, state, and local
- Adheres to the mission and cornerstone values and applicable
practices of the organization.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the
field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature
and attending related conferences, seminars, etc. Maintains peer
relationships in the field to share issues and ideas.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Must be able to communicate clearly in a professional
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Must work effectively with others and demonstrates accuracy and
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret written
- Must possess the ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals and be able to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide with the
ability to solve practical and technical problems.
- Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished
in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule
- Must be able to routine problems of limited scope and
complexity following established policies and procedures
- Employees in all warehouse positions must be able to
immediately perceive auditory warning signals such as bells,
alarms, and horns that are used to warn employees of the start-up,
movement, or approach of equipment (including forklifts, turrets,
overhead cranes, conveyors, trucks, and other equipment operated
inside or outside the warehouse), mechanical abnormalities, and
similar risk situations during warehouse operations.
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration
for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or
status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the
Law poster is available here:
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to email@example.com and use the words "Accommodation
Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food
Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Kannapolis , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Kannapolis, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!