Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Analyst I - Detections
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Purpose of JobPerforms a variety of duties to assist the
Enterprise with compliance of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of
Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), USA PATRIOT Act, and other
anti-money laundering program requirements. Team is responsible for
reviewing transactional data to detect and escalate potential
suspected money laundering and terrorist financing activities to
AML Investigations or AML Special Investigations.
This position is available in our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX,
Charlotte, NC, Tampa, FL or Phoenix, AZ USAA locations.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Utilizes an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) case management tool
and other internal software-driven systems to monitor, research and
analyze trends related to member transactional activity for complex
- Utilizes extensive knowledge of financial products, systems,
and processes in all lines of business to aid staff in detecting
and analyzing money laundering and terrorist finance activity.
- Assists staff in detecting unusual/out of pattern transactional
activity referred to the Anti-Money Laundering Investigations team
with analysis and summary of complex findings.
- Understands, applies, and is able to communicate and articulate
strong knowledge of BSA, AML, OFAC, and other AML program
requirements to the team.
- Acts as a BSA, AML and OFAC subject matter expert (SME) to
identify process improvements, respond to inquiries from internal
business partners; and develops and presents content to various
- Keeps abreast of new rules, regulations, and brand/reputation
risks to assist in development, implementation and revision of
current policies and procedures.
- Identifies, recommends, and executes potential solutions that
monitor, detect, or prevent money laundering or terrorist finance
- Produces high quality narratives within Detection alerts and
discusses with leadership.
- Produces QA/QC metric dashboards, prepares reports, identifies
operational risks, provides feedback, and makes recommendations on
- Serves as a mentor to staff by providing subject matter expert
(SME) coaching and feedback related to AML & OFAC.
- Responsible for identifying and sharing best practices.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree required. 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree.
- 4 years detection/transaction monitoring of account activity,
AML, financial crimes, compliance and/or law enforcement experience
to include 2 years ' experience applying analytical insights on
financial transactions/data for recommendations.
- Advanced application of BSA, AML, OFAC/Sanctions, and other AML
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience applying regulatory or contractual policies and
guidelines to complete work deliverables.
- Ability to work alerts in a fast- paced environment while
maintaining high quality scores.
- Previous experience using MS Office.Preferred Experience:
- Experience performing analysis on AML functions such as: AML
alerts, investigations, transactional analysis and reviewing member
- ACAMS, CFE, CRCM or CAFP certified.
- Working knowledge of Actimize.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, including pivot tables, macros,
filtering, and sorting.
- Ability to work independently and accurately prioritize
workload with minimal supervision.
- Able to collaborate and influence across internal teams and the
EnterpriseThe above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has
an effective process for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this position is: $60,300.00 - $108,600.00 *(this
does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on
your work location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average. -Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. - - -Benefits: -At USAA
our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. - These benefits
include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k),
pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance,
paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer
hours, and various wellness programs. - Additionally, our career
path planning and continuing education assists employees with their
professional goals.Please click on the link below for more
details.Relocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Kannapolis , Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Analyst I - Detections, Professions , Kannapolis, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!