Nurse Aide - Healthcare Tech - Med-Surg - FT Nights
Company: Atrium Health
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Overview Atrium Health Cabarrus is a regional 457-bed,
not-for-profit hospital in Concord, NC. More than 4,200 hospital
employees provide services through an extensive inpatient and
outpatient network, including Jeff Gordon Children's Center, Hayes
Family Center and Batte Cancer Center, part of Atrium Health Levine
Cancer Institute.Job SummaryThe Nurse Aide/Healthcare Technician
assists in providing patient care under the direct supervision of
the Registered Nurse. Assists in maintaining a clean, safe patient
environment and performs job responsibilities in a safe manner.
Maintains clinical and professional competencies as appropriate to
the needs of the patient population served.
- Supports patients/residents with activities of daily
- Assists patients/residents with personal hygiene.
- Takes vital signs and height and weight measurements.
- Feeds and ambulates patients/residents according to specific
- Maintains patient/resident's rooms in a clean and orderly
- Observes and reports changes in patient/resident
- Orients patients/families to unit and instructs patient on
- Assists with clerical work such as, including answering phones,
entering data and maintaining medical records.
- Maintains stock supply items in inventory management.
- Performs duties as outlined in the scope of Nurse Aide I or
Nurse Aide II tasks (per North Carolina Board of Nursing Nurse Aide
I and Nurse Aide II Tasks List).
- Perform technical tasks with appropriate training such as
administering a 12- Lead Electrocardiogram test and routine
Physical RequirementsWork requires walking, standing, sitting,
lifting, reaching, bending, stretching, stooping, pushing, and
pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds
in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak
and understand English in good understandable terms. Must have
manual and finger dexterity. Physical abilities testing
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Current listing with the DFS Nurse Aide Registry as a Nurse
Aide I or with the North Carolina Board of Nursing as a Nurse Aide
- BLS required per policy guidelines.Patient Population
ServedDemonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate
to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of
the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the
information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need-to-know basis for work
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has
been determined based on job level and job responsibility within
the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been
determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and
Machines, Tools, and EquipmentThose required by unit. Includes
blood pressure manometer, stethoscope, thermometer, personal
protective equipment, wheelchairs, stretchers, utility cars, and
related clinical equipment.
Keywords: Atrium Health, Kannapolis , Nurse Aide - Healthcare Tech - Med-Surg - FT Nights, Other , Concord, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!