Posted on: November 26, 2022
Company: US1315 Buckhead Meat North Carolina, Division of
Buckhead Meat CoZip Code:28217Employment Type:Full TimeTravel
Percentage:JOB SUMMARYAssists front line supervision in performing
some leadership duties. Communicates daily objectives. KPI's and
functions as a liaison between line employees and supervisors.
Mentor and Train employees new and seasoned. Order meat as needed.
- Work alongside team to direct the short-term flow and
organization of production area.
- Accurately cut to trim and yield specifications as specified by
information provided by cut tickets
- Communicate any discrepancies between cutting tickets and
normal customer purchases to the supervisor
- Properly label all products and equipment to conform to all
legal and safety regulations
- Properly and accurately record all necessary data to produce
assigned cutting yield tests
- Accurately count product inventory levels and maintain levels
set forth by the supervisor
- Ensure that all product specifications are being met according
- Maintain work areas in compliance with U.S.D.A. guidelines
- Assemble and tear down any equipment in the work area at the
beginning and/or end of your shift
- Properly clean, store and maintain all knives, scales, etc.
assigned to you
- Manage profitability by achieving product yields and meeting
deadlines for product readiness
- Complete other duties as assigned
- To know and understand the company's safety and health goals
and its objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by
participating in the safety program
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to
determine the amounts and sizes of products needed for orders
- Ability to read, write and communicate in the English
- Prior experience with portion cutting meat Professional Skills
- Ability to reduce processing costs by cutting and sizing
portions accurately with good yields.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality
control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective
manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Able to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or
- Commitment to work until the job is completed.
- Interacts well with others.
- Good team player.
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to be trained and learn new skills Physical Demand
- Standing, walking and reaching are regular activities for this
- Heavy lifting activities for this employee
- Ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to handle
objects, controls, operate various processing, and material
handling equipment is necessary.
- The ability to smell is required, to detect levels of
wholesomeness and spoilage. Work Environment
- This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated
processing and warehouse areas. These areas are cold and wet and
exposure to moving machinery are a regular occurrence.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. BENEFITS
INFORMATION:For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
https://SyscoBenefits.com HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES COVID-19
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in
placeOVERVIEW: Sysco is the global leader in foodservice
distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over
13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution
facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer
locations.We offer our associates the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working
individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you
why Sysco is at the heart of food and service. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
STATEMENT: Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunity is available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Kannapolis , Meat Lead, Other , Kannapolis, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!