Registered Nurse I (RN) Weekender - Atrium Health Kannapolis ED Days
Company: Atrium Health
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Provides professional nursing care through skillful assessment,
diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and
evaluation in accordance with policies and procedures under the
supervision of the supervisor and manager. Assists in maintaining a
safe work environment and performs all related job responsibilities
in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency as
appropriate to the age, culture, developmental stages, and special
needs of the patients served.
* Collects data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health or
* Analyzes the assessment data to determine actual or potential
diagnoses, problems, and issues.
* Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the
healthcare consumer or the situation.
* Develops a plan that prescribes strategies to attain expected,
* Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and
employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
* Evaluates progress toward attainment of goals and outcomes.
* Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity
and inclusion principles.
* Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in
accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or
* Promotes shared governance, or facility decision making
activities, developing and nurturing research to positively affect
clinical outcomes and promotion.
* Attains knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing
* Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
* Contributes to quality nursing practice.
* Communicates effectively in all areas of practice.
* Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and
* Seeks knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing
practice and promotes futuristic thinking.
* Evaluates one's own and other's nursing practice in relation to
professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes,
rules and regulations.
* Utilizes appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing
services that are safe, effective, and financially responsible.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching,
stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and
support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical
equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable
terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger
dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be
able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit
conditions. Physical Abilities Testing required. Additional
department specific physical requirements may be identified for
unique responsibilities within the department by the department
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required; BSN
preferred. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider
status according to American Heart Association. Current RN license
or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state
in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License
Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the
licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National
License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as
a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN
works. Additional education, training, certifications, or
experience may be required within the department by the department
Keywords: Atrium Health, Kannapolis , Registered Nurse I (RN) Weekender - Atrium Health Kannapolis ED Days, Other , Kannapolis, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!