Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Concord Lake STEAM Academy
Company: Charter Schools USA
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Nurse Assistant will support the instructional program by
creating a climate of health and well-being in the school and by
addressing the health needs of the school, consistent with the
goals set forth by CSUSA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists Nurse to keep a complete, up-to-date health record
system using available technology.
- Monitors newly enrolled students in order to ensure that state
law and district policy are implemented concerning health issues
(i.e., immunization, medical records).
- Advises and counsels students, staff and parents, as
appropriate, concerning health issues.
- Makes referrals to school Nurse as necessary.
- Provides input to the administration concerning the
implementation of state law and the development of CSUSA policies
and procedures related to health issues.
- Provides first aid as needed if certified.
- Assists emergency care givers as applicable.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate records as required.
- Makes recommendations to the principal regarding health and
safety to promote a safe, healthy and comfortable learning
- Communicates with parents/guardians as needed concerning their
- Keeps staff informed about relevant health issues.
- Communicates with various health-related organizations in the
community and surrounding areas as needed for students and
MAY PERFORM OTHE DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to work and interact with individual at all level of
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports, including writing
report sections, integrating content, and formatting the report
electronically when needed.
- Ability to establish a set of operating principles and
routines; driving projects to completion, while insisting on
highest level of quality.
- Ability to consistently be at work, be on time, follow
instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback
to improve performance.
- Ability to establish excellent interpersonal skills between all
constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; Oral
(including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active
listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Computer Basics - Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
Student Information System (SIS).
- Knowledge of company and departmental policies and
- Detailed knowledge of Federal, State, and local requirements
for K-12 schools and charter school law preferred.
- No physical exertion required.
- Required to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work
environment is moderate.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary
and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment
shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied
or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor
Standards Act (FLSA).
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the
sole right and discretion to make changes to this position
description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human
Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to
and including termination.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college.
- 1-3 successful experience as a nurse assistant.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find
appropriate and acceptable.
Keywords: Charter Schools USA, Kannapolis , Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Concord Lake STEAM Academy, Other , Kannapolis, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!