Technical Leader - OT Cyber Security for Generation Assets
Job Summary and Description:
Leads research efforts in particular scientific disciplines or
technologies and participates the development and application of
products and services in those areas through contractors and
departmental or cross-functional teams. Applies technical
expertise, and has full knowledge of other related
disciplines. Develops technical solutions to complex problems
which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
Organizes the external and interdepartmental activities ensuring
completion of the project/product on schedule and within
budget. May conduct research directly in complex, high impact
technical or scientific fields.
• Ability to apply technical knowledge to industry issues and
gain input on needs from members/stakeholders and identify current
and emerging technical issues.
• Develops research or services opportunities of value to EPRI
members that fit EPRI’s mission and capabilities. This will
include solving customer problems, producing insights and
information vital to the members, and delivering information in a
manner that members and customers can and will
• May provide oversight of a project team to assure technical
and financial milestones are met.
• Provides assistance to the EPRI sales staff in Member Services
and EPRI International.
• Broaden technical expertise and interface with national and
international technical networks with manufacturers, consultants,
and academia and research organizations.
• Communicates strategies and results, written and verbal, to
program members, potential members and external stakeholders
through guidelines, reports, meetings, webcasts, workshops and
• Manages small or medium (less complex) projects including
budgets and resources
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• 5 -7 or more years of research and development project and
promotional experience, including development of advanced concepts
for internal research or equivalent experience.
• Shows technical expertise and assumes responsibility for
highly specialized technical objectives using creative imaginative
• Experience in performing and/or managing research
• Incumbents must be able to exercise judgment, diligence, and
attention to detail and demonstrate an aptitude for carrying out
responsible technical assignments.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Manages projects and may work in conjunction with a technical
• Developing technical depth in 1-2 areas
• Understand how work fits across EPRI programs
• Typically individual contributor, may begin handling
supervisory activities for lower level positions.
Additional Job Information:
Plans, designs, and conducts complex project work within the
program and the Generation Sector to meet objectives. The candidate
will prepare and present research reports for cyber security for
generation assets, enabling technology, and other technological
areas (e.g. instrumentation and control, artificial intelligence,
data analytics, etc.) Specific responsibilities include the
- Providing industry thought leadership in the cyber security
research focus area with alignment into ancillary program focus
- Works with sector and cross-sector staff to integrate generate
cyber security research and development throughout,
- Project management responsibility for assigned research and
- Works in a lab environment to conduct physical testing on
generation OT and cyber security infrastructure equipment,
- Conducting presentations, technology transfer, and relationship
- Collaboration with international organizations and
- Local, regional, and international travel to support research
and development, meetings, conferences, workshops, and member
- Assumes responsibility for highly specialized technical
objectives or problems where the relationships between cause and
effect are difficult to establish and little or no precedence
exists, and the use of creative imaginative thinking is required,
- Leads national and international technical networks with
manufacturers, consultants, academia, research, and government
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in a technical
field, preferably engineering, and have worked in OT/ICS cyber
security for at least 4-years.
Someone who understands the complex nature of OT/ICS equipment
in critical infrastructure, especially power generation.
Someone who is a self-starter and can work independently with
minimal oversight to produce results.
Experience identifying cyber security controls to mitigate
vulnerabilities in OT equipment.
Experience analyzing open source intelligence and indicators of
compromise to develop technical OT cyber security reports and
Professional Engineering (PE), Project Management Professional
(PMP), CISSP, and other cyber security-based certifications
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by
the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security
Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status
of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form
against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please
indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S.
visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/Disabled
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Electricity.