Full Time Home Health Nurse Preceptor
Company: KINDRED AT HOME
Posted on: November 21, 2019
I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence
- that's what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians.
Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the
nation's leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice,
and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, including Gentiva, delivers
compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their
homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal
assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and
palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to
deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients
and their families.
I believe my work is my calling.
As a Nurse Preceptor, you will:
- Position is responsible for providing practical clinical
experience and guidance to field clinicians to include orientation
of new clinicians.
- Ensures compliance with applicable licensure/certification
requirement, applicable healthcare standards, governmental laws and
regulations, and Gentiva Health Services policies, procedures and
philosophy of care. Works under general supervision
- Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission - Vision -
Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day
- Demonstrates process for SOC, ROC, Recert and routine visits to
clinicians during orientation process.
- Observes clinical skills and patient interaction of new
clinicians and provides feedback to the clinician.
- Works with clinicians to review application of clinical
documentation and forms.
- Reviews Orientation Module content with new clinicians to
determine the clinicians' level of understanding and re-educates as
- Reviews patient care processes with clinicians and assesses
clinicians' level of understanding. Makes recommendations related
to training and skills development to Branch Director.
- Meets with Orientees on regular basis to assess progress. Meet
with Managers - Clinical Practice (MCPs) on a weekly basis to
discuss progress of Orientee.
- Conducts 60 day Supervisory visit for Orientee and discusses
results with MCP.
- Serve in the capacity of Start of Care Nurse when schedule
allows. As such, admits patients to the services, completing
appropriate clinical documentation under the Clinical Manager's
direction. Assesses individual status and care/instruction needed
by the patient.
- Participates in teaching/training of paraprofessional
healthcare staff as assigned and acts as resource to other
- Serves as mentor to new clinical hires to include regular
discussions each month for a minimum of one year.
- Will conduct a minimum of two skill labs a year
- Will conduct annual supervisory visits as needed.
- Maintains the highest standards of professional conduct in
relation to information that is confidential in nature. Shares
information only when recipient's right to access is clearly
established and sharing of such information is in the best interest
of the patient.
- Maintains/enhances clinical practice skills by attending,
participating in/conducting staff development/ continuing education
- Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing with one
year experience in area of specialty/desired practice.
- Current unrestricted licensure to practice as a Registered
Nurse in the state(s) to which assigned and current CPR
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The candidate will have the physical ability to perform job
related duties which may require lifting, standing, bending,
stooping, stretching, walking, pushing, and pulling with or without
- A health examination must be successfully completed prior to
assignment and periodically thereafter, as required by company
policy, and/or state regulations, to verify that he/she is
physically capable of performing assigned duties with or without
- Successful completion of any/all Company required
pre-employment competency testing and health clearance prior to
assignment and periodically as required by Company policy and state
- Good organizational and communication skills and the ability to
function with minimal supervision also required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills are also required
Required ExperienceAll qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national
Keywords: KINDRED AT HOME, Kannapolis , Full Time Home Health Nurse Preceptor, Healthcare , Kannapolis, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!