Product Management Manager - Deposits
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Purpose of Job We are looking for a Product Management Manager
for our Deposits group.
You will play a significant part of a team responsible for the
management and delivery Payment products and improvements, to
include Wires, Zelle, Funds Transfers, Internal, External Bill-Pay,
Adding and verifying External Accounts to move money, Teller's
Check, Remote Deposit Capture and Digital Wallet!
Formulates product/sales strategy recommendations based on analysis
of profitability, competitiveness and sales performance for the
product life cycle. Compile, analyze and interpret data to make
strategic and tactical recommendations or decisions pertaining to
sales/product performance. Responsible for defining the business
questions and providing insights to improve business performance.
Supports the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in
the development and launch of less complex, new products with
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home. The actual onsite days are settled between each employee and
the employee's manager. Candidates are expected to live a
commutable distance from one of our offices in San Antonio, TX,
Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, or Charlotte, NC. Job
Requirements About USAA USAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are optimally
identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Uses resources to gather analytics, competitive intelligence,
and member information to support formulation of product
- Participates in the development of product strategy
- Develops recommendations to launch new products or sales
strategies and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or
- Acts as product SME on features and services and collaborates
with business partners to provide recommendations.
- Partners with phone and digital teams on how to effectively use
sales guides and provides education on products and services,
including new offerings and improvements to existing features.
- Assists in the identification and evaluation of potential
providers for alliance relationships.
- Provides support in developing, editing, and distributing
- Conducts research on external market trends/design changes,
financials, member information and/or transaction data for assigned
- Holds responsibility for coordinating with relevant control
partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to
ensure product offerings are crafted, implemented, and managed in
compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Interprets performance results to advise product or sales
forecast and planning. Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain,
Statistics, or related subject area; OR 4 years of related
experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience
required) may be substituted in lieu of degree. Minimum Experience:
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience in Actuary,
Underwriting, Marketing or Sales/Service or Finance/Accounting
Operations or Financial Services.
- 2+ years of product management, or similar strategic management
experience (similar experience includes direct support in leading
- 1+ year of Data Visualization experience (i.e. Tableau or
- Advanced experience in crafting product briefings.
- Experienced in market research to build product roadmap, make
product decisions and iterate rapidly.
- Knowledge of applicable product related regulations, and risk
and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations to include:
FFIEC- Retail Payment Systems Handbook, Payment Rules (NACHA,
Zelle, etc.), Reg CC, Reg E, Reg DD.Preferred Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience working at a FinTech and/or
- At least 2 years of experience with Payment Products
- Experience in Payment Product Strategy or with Payment rails or
- Ability to build, and curate the strategic story and business
case with the ability to align collaborators vertically and
horizontally across the organization
- Knowledge of Consumer payment trends and technologiesThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $97,200 - $175,000 .Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits: At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total
Rewards.Relocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Kannapolis , Product Management Manager - Deposits, Executive , Kannapolis, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!