Managing Director- Spectrum News- Charlotte, NC
Posted on: October 11, 2020
Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and
driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering,
producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a
24-hour breaking news environment! Our commitment is to engage
viewers with relevant, timely news that's important to the local
communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news
and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter
Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most
essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and
thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network
which requires employees who are flexible and available to work
various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and
Being on our team means You re ready to inspire and be inspired!
You re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to
flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely
accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and
abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local
communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an
ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive
attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to
multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under
What we re looking for:
This leadership position is a standard bearer for our culture of
coverage. The successful candidate will shepherd our team of
journalists to engage in meaningful conversations within the
communities we serve, leading them to always make coverage
decisions with viewer relevance and engaging characters in mind.
Develops, implements and monitors programs that promote and support
company s goals and objectives, establishing metrics and tools to
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Serve as the final newsroom voice on all editorial choices,
ensure that content and quality meet industry and organization
- Represent the interests of our journalism and our audiences in
broader interactions with appropriate business functions across the
- Bring and build on innovative journalistic approaches and
- Manage high performing teams by leading, developing, training
and providing effective coaching to attract and foster talent.
- Assist with determining the strategy, planning and execution of
projects and initiatives within the department.
- Oversee the Managing Editor, on organizational, management, and
newsroom-wide mentoring tasks.
- Partner with the leadership team to help create and drive
strategy to help grow reach.
- Manage continuous improvement cycle and act as a change agent
as opportunities to improve departmental performance are
- Ensure that all applicable standards are followed; remain
current on industry trends and legal considerations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skill/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and obtain results through
- Strong commitment to impactful journalism and the editorial
mission of Spectrum Networks
- Ability to support our writers and editors in making tough
journalistic calls in fast-moving news cycles
- Ability to develop and execute on ideas that can expand
Spectrum Networks current audiences in a deeply collaborative,
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the
- A sound understanding of the evolving digital media
- Deep, applied understanding of the centrality of visual
journalism, digital video, and social media to journalism
- Experience working collaboratively with in-house
product/platform teams to figure out more ways to increase the
reach of our journalism
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal,
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor s degree in Broadcast Journalism, management or
related field, Master s preferred
- 8-10 Years of Newsroom management experience in a fast-paced,
constantly evolving digital publishing environment
- 5 years of Management experience Our Culture: Every employee is
an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful
communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an
eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may
require the following:
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail
phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or
other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and
power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe
weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
Keywords: Spectrum, Kannapolis , Managing Director- Spectrum News- Charlotte, NC, Executive , Kannapolis, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!