Senior Project Manager: Substation Assets
Company: Electric Power Research Institute
Posted on: October 11, 2020
Job Title:Senior Project Manager: Substation
AssetsLocation:Charlotte, NCJob Summary and Description:Leads
research efforts in particular scientific disciplines or
technologies in relation to a multiple projects or a small program.
Manages the development and application of products and services in
those areas through contractors and departmental or
cross-functional teams. Exercises considerable latitude in
determining technical objectives of assignment.-- Completed work is
reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired
results. Plans and directs schedules and monitors
budget/spending.-- Organizes the external and interdepartmental
activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule
and within budget.-- May conduct research directly in complex, high
impact technical or scientific fields.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to industry issues and
gain input on needs from members/stakeholders and identify current
and emerging technical issues.
- Provides a to EPRI customers and develops research or services
opportunities of value to them that fit EPRI's mission and
capabilities.-- This will include solving customer problems,
producing insights and information vital to the members, and
delivering information in a manner that members and customers can
and will apply.--
- Identifies the most qualified internal and contractor team to
complete the work.-- Selects contractors, frames statements of
- Responsible for directing the work of a small team of
contractors or EPRI staff to assure technical and financial
milestones are met.
- Provides input for employee selection, performance management,
and development planning.
- Provides assistance to the EPRI sales staff in Member Services
and EPRI International.
- Leads national and international technical networks with
manufacturers, consultants, and academia and research
- Communicates strategies and results, written and verbal, to
program members, potential members and external stakeholders
through guidelines, reports, meetings, webcasts, workshops and
- Manages small or medium program or multiple projects including
budgets and resources.-- Responsible for securing external funding
or leveraging EPRI funding.
Education:Bachelor's Degree in a
technical field or equivalent experience required.Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities:
- 8 - 10 or more years of research and development project and
promotional experience, including development of advanced concepts
for internal research. or equivalent-- experience
- Experience in successful project management proposal
preparation, and marketing activities.
- Responsible for project planning, budgeting, schedule.
- Reports project results to members and advisors.--
- Entry level people management responsibilities or actively in
development to manage people.
- Shows maturity of technical expertise and assumes
responsibility for highly specialized technical objectives.
- Exercises good judgment, diligence, and attention to detail and
demonstrate an aptitude for carrying out responsible technical
- Experience in performing and/or managing research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.Assumes
leadership role in substations research area -
- Strong technical and project management skills, ability to
manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Work as team player as well as team leader
- Is directly responsible for leading one or more staff including
goal setting and performance management
- Lead research project development and implementation with
support from team of in-house engineers, subject matter experts and
- Able to work with minimal direction and supervision
- With guidance from technical staff and program management team
develop and maintain balanced research portfolio with high value
short, medium and long term research tasks and deliverables
- Work with technical staff and utility members to help identify,
create and transfer value
- Responsible for funding, spending and workforce planning in
- Works directly with member advisors to ensure member engagement
- Present technical results and lead task force meetings
- Present Program content, value and R&D at member locations
and advisory meetingsAdditional Job Information:Ideal candidate:
- Strong technical and practical knowledge of substation assets -
- --maintenance and condition assessment, testing, failure modes,
degradation, root cause and forensic analysis.
- Strong knowledge of substation assets
- Strong knowledge of testing - substation assets e.g.
transformers, breakers, instrument transformers, batteries
- Have the inquisitiveness to learn about unfamiliar pieces of
equipment and processes.
- Be open to emerging technologies and the new technical,
economic and market opportunities that they may bring
- Have experience with EPRI operations / workflows / processes,
technologies, technical staff.EPRI participates in E-Verify, an
online system operated jointly by the Department of Homeland
Security and the Social Security Administration (SSA). EPRI uses
the system to check the work status of new hires by comparing
information from the employee's I-9 form against SSA and Department
of Homeland Security databases.Note: To ensure compliance with U.S.
export controls, please indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for
foreign citizens) your U.S. visa/immigration status in your resume
or cover letter.EPRI is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/DisabledTogether . . . Shaping the Future of
Keywords: Electric Power Research Institute, Kannapolis , Senior Project Manager: Substation Assets, Executive , Kannapolis, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!