Senior Auditor- Bank (Hybrid)
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking a Senior Auditor- Bank
in San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, or
Charlotte, NC location.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The actual days
onsite are determined between each employee and the employee's
Executes and leads audit assignments. Identifies problems and
resolutions for risk-based assurance and advisory engagements
across the organization.
Maintains knowledge of financial services regulations. Performs
risk and control identification and evaluation, advanced audit
techniques, research and analysis, and conducts client meetings and
Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International
Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
(Standards) and Code of Ethics. Job Requirements About USAA USAA
knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security
of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This
singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at
every level. Primary Responsibilities:
- Independently executes audit test work timely and with high
- Executes and may lead as Auditor in Charge (AIC) for audit
engagements throughout the audit life cycle, to include
understanding of horizontal and vertical business impacts,
integrating audits with Information Technology (IT), analytics, and
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally,
timely and in accordance with corporate and industry audit
standards, when AIC.
- Manages day to day engagement-related efforts including work
delegation to audit team members with varying degrees of expertise
and experience when conducting engagements, when AIC.
- Completes audit team end of engagement evaluations, when
- Assists in updating the risk & control matrix for each
engagement with oversight from the Auditor-in-Charge and/or other
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
in the current operating environment; develops recommendations for
- Assists AIC in drafting related issues and audit reports for
review by audit leadership.
- Participates and provides feedback during team audit activities
on planning and scoping, business understanding/walkthroughs, and
review of risk assessment and testing and demonstrates critical
- Executes on audit documentation techniques including key risks
and controls alignment to audit test objectives and conclusions; is
accountable for completing work paper documentation within quality
- Utilizes analytical skills to conduct or assist team members
with continuous monitoring activities, advisory activities, special
reviews and/or investigations.
- Develops internal and business leader and partner relationships
while also beginning to effectively challenge, communicate and
deliver risk-based, difficult messages regarding issues and control
weaknesses to ensure proper risk assurance coverage.
- Provide coaching and guidance to less experienced team members
to ensure quality and timely completion of audit test work. When
you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some
initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you
begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later
time and you will not be able to change your responses. Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field such as
Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information Technology. Four
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information
technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
- Experience performing internal audits, external audits, or
applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational
and regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and
challenging Controls with business partners and leaders.
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to
evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Demonstrated experience in highly dynamic environment
undergoing change; ability to deal with competing priorities.
- Experience in a large financial institution
- 2 years of Audit experience
- Masters degree or professional certification preferredThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.Compensation: USAA has an effective process
for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we
remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on
your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $72,900 - $131,400 ( this does not include geographic
differential it may be applied based on your work
location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average. Shift premium: will be addressed on an
individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details. USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Kannapolis , Senior Auditor- Bank (Hybrid), Accounting, Auditing , Kannapolis, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!