Noblr - Research Modeling Actuary (Remote)
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a Research Modeling Actuary to be
part of our Noblr team at USAA. This position will be working in a
Remote Work Environment (Work@Home).
Join the team that's helping better drivers to earn better car
insurance rates. Noblr is smart, app-powered car insurance that
empowers its members to personalize their monthly car insurance
rates using their smartphones. Our members log their trips with the
Noblr app, get driving insights that help them continuously
improve, and earn rewards for responsible driving.
Here's where you come in:
We are looking for an experienced modeling actuary to join our
Actuarial Research and Modeling team. You will be the first Noblr
modeling actuary hired to lead the development and maintenance of
Loss and Demand models to drive personal line auto pricing
decisions for Noblr's telematics auto insurance program. You will
be building predictive models in a dynamic scripting language. The
ideal candidate is a team player who enjoys new challenges and
working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance.
Coordinates, prepares and performs expert level actuarial analyses
required to develop new products, project future results, reprice
existing products, and/or determine financial strength.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Establishes and may oversee appropriate statistical plans,
analytical tools, and requirements for analyzing the experience of
various products classification systems, rating plans, reserves,
- Participates in short term and long-term planning activities
and assists in setting objectives for these plans by making
forecasts and projections and developing strategies to support the
company mission and goals in the areas of product development,
pricing, catastrophe management, reinsurance, modeling, or
- Utilizes advanced actuarial modeling software driven models for
pricing, valuation, and/or risk management to develop new products,
project future results, reprice existing products, and/or determine
financial strength. May make adjustments and improvements to
models, when appropriate.
- Monitors competitive market, industry trends, and professional
research to maintain knowledge of current activities related to
products, regulation, market conditions, and to achieve financial
and market goals. -
- Creatively approaches problems and issues from a wide range of
perspectives to determine innovative techniques.
- Authors and develops innovative solutions to business
initiatives. Responsible for training junior members on
change/improvement. Performs highly complex analysis/design, coding
and testing in support of project responsibilities.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of an
- Develops and manages requirements to deliver agile business
changes, exceptional member experiences, and/or integrated
- Defines business problems and develops business artifacts.
- Strategically partners with IT to influence the design,
alignment, and implementation of technical business standards.
- Represents USAA's interest at industry level committee
meetings. - Provides data to other departments, useful for their
management purposes, from actuarial data systems.When you apply for
this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions. - This will take approximately 5 minutes. - Once you
begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later
time and you will not be able to change your responses.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree OR 4 years of related
Actuarial/business/analytical experience (in addition to the
minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of
- 8 years Actuarial/business/analytical experience + Associate of
the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS) held for 5 years; OR 6 years
Actuarial/business/analytical experience +Fellow of the Casualty
Actuarial Society (FCAS).
- Experience in developing and delivering Innovative Actuarial
- Demonstrated experience and application of industry best
practices in metric development/monitoring.
- Strong communication/presentation skills to include
demonstrated experience effectively delivering key messages to
- Experience building Generalized Linear Models or tree-based
models to support P&C ratemaking
- Experience building predictive models in a dynamic scripting
language with strong programming skills (e.g. Python, R)
- Experience with data manipulation and analysis tools (e.g. SAS,
SQL, Tableau, R, Python)
- Experience with model governance, including model deficiency
identification and remediation, ongoing performance monitoring, and
compensating controls in all aspects of the model lifecycle.
- Advanced degree in Statistics or other quantitative
- Experience building strong relationships internally with
extended project team members and externally with state
- Auto insurance experienceThe above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the
job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600 -
$211,700*(this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location)Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average. - Shift
premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable
roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. -
-Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to
support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. - These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. - Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals. Please click on the link below for
more details.Relocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Kannapolis , Noblr - Research Modeling Actuary (Remote), Accounting, Auditing , Kannapolis, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!